The Principles Simplified
1. There is a Power in the universe that surrounds and permeates all things. It is the substance behind all creation.
2. The nature of this Power is infinite intelligence and creativity. It is everywhere evenly present, all knowing and all-powerful. It is not a person, but a spiritual energy.
3. The names for this Power are many, i.e. Universe, Love, Life Force, Spirit, Infinite Power, Wisdom, the Allness, etc. It is what a religious person may call God. We use the term "God" in metaphysics, but this is not to be confused with the old style human deity of some religions.
4. Our relationship to this Power is one of unity. It is not separate from us. It is individualising itself through each one of us. Therefore we maintain that the Power is within us.
5. This Power responds to us according to our thoughts and beliefs. Its nature is positive and when our thoughts are in alignment with its nature, we create positive experiences.
6. There is only One Mind and that is the Universal Mind in which we are all immersed. Within that mind are different spheres, i.e. conscious and subconscious. They are not separate minds, just different functions of the One Mind. The conscious mind chooses the thoughts and the subconscious creates from those thoughts. We have complete free will to think as we choose, but we must be responsible for the consequences of those thoughts and beliefs. Harmony in our lives depends upon the quality of our thoughts.
7. The universe works scientifically through the Law of Cause and Effect. For every experience (effect), there is a corresponding cause. That cause will be found in the mind. Everything starts as thought and eventually appears as an experience or form of some kind.
8. The laws of Attraction and Reflection state that every person, place and thing has an atmosphere created by thought. This atmosphere attracts to itself similar energy, i.e. "like attracts like", "birds of a feather flock together". The Law of Attraction states that we will attract people and situations that correspond to our atmosphere. The Law of Reflection says that what we believe to be true will be reflected back to us, i.e. "life is a mirror". If we believe that people are dishonest, this will be our experience as a negative mirror. If we believe that people are basically honest, then we will draw more honest people into our lives and life will reflect this as a positive mirror.
9. By working with the principles of metaphysics, we can transform our lives in all areas: happiness, health, financial stability, relationships and self-worth.
10. It is important that the newcomer to metaphysics takes on board only those aspects of the philosophy which make sense to him or her. If there are any ideas which do not feel right, then the client should put them to one side and just accept those that do. This philosophy is a gradual unfolding of understanding and it is only by working with the principles step-by-step that we prove them.